Proposal invitation for short-term environmental advice
Deadline extended to August 5th
The Hanns Seidel Foundation is initiating a global project on the climate and environment. Our aim is to create global networks. As part of this project the Foundation intends to formulate a sub-regional strategy for the Middle East and North Africa by hiring a consultant. This will help simplify our work regionally in the fields of biodiversity conservation, climate change and environmental issues.
You are welcome to participate!
The Hanns Seidel Stiftung is one of Germany’s political foundations, working in the Service of Democracy, Peace and Development in more than 80 countries worldwide since 1977.
Environmental and Climate Change Issues are pivotal to the above mission, resultantly the HSS’ offices in the MENA region (Amman, Cairo, Jerusalem, Rabat andTunis) have been implementing, in partnership with a wide network of local, national and regional partners both from civil society and governments, large number of related activities over the past more than 25 years.
Objective of the Consultancy
The HSS is implementing a global project on Climate & Environment with the aim to establish global action networks. As part of this project, and in order to regionally streamline her work in the field of biodiversity conservation, climate change and environmental issues, the HSS intends to formulate a regional sub-strategy for the MENA region and hire a consultant to that end.
Tasks & Responsibilities of the Consultant
- Desk Research
- Conduct (virtual) Meetings with representatives of partner organisations and central stakeholders
- Assessment of the current role of the HSS in the MENA region in the field of the environment
- Development, application and evaluation of a survey for local partners and stakeholders
- Brief evaluation of the contributions of government, civil society, academia and businesses in the intervention areas of the HSS regarding the environment
- Specify a future consolidated approach of the HSS in the MENA region regarding the environment
Required Qualifications of the Consultant
- Spoken & written Arabic and English, French will be an asset
- Knowledge of the national & regional debates in the MENA region regarding the environment
- Proven experience in academic writing & research, quantitative skills
- Proven experience in gathering, synthesising and visualising qualitative and quantitative data
- Knowledge of interdisciplinary systemic analysis tools will be an asset
- Deliverables of the Consultancy (in English language)
- Stakeholder Mapping for the MENA Region, with particular focus on Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia
- Presentation of top ten challenges and issues in the environmental field (ranked)
Visualisation of gathered data
- Formulation of a strategic vision for the HSS in the MENA regionbased on HSS’ existing approaches, clearly delineating the connection with the above ranked challenges (10-15 pages);
- Presentation of a draft LogFramefor three years includingup to three specific objectives
- Presentation of a brief visibility strategy on national, regional and international levels (2-5 pages)
Duration of the Consultancy
Two months from the award of the consultancy
If you meet the above criteria, please send your profile (max. 2 pages), your financial proposal and your content proposal (max. 4 pages) in English language in PDF format to amman(at)hss.de by 05.08.2022. The evaluation of the proposals will take into consideration the qualifications of the consultant as well as the financial implications.
Any questions may be addressed to our office in Amman at +962 6 569 0043 or via email amman(at)hss.de
Hanns Seidel Foundation-Amman :
www.hss.de |egypt.hss.de | israpal.hss.de | jordan.hss.de | maghreb.hss.de